Young fiddle leaf fig
Our hearts have been hankering for one of these for ages so when these small ones became available, there may have been some jumping involved...
the fiddle leaf fig (ficus lyrata) is definitely having a moment just now, with many stylish people finding that it looks great in their homes. We played around with it a bit and found it looked great with the standard planter (which you can add on as an option when you order), as well as the medium terracotta planter and the medium geometric planter.
These can be slightly trickier to look after but following so essential tips, it will be with you for a while:
- Needs bright, filtered light. This one will not tolerate dim lighting for very long at all.
- The soil needs to be kept evenly moist at all times though it hates sitting in water so make sure there’s not too much moisture.
- It will benefit from a feed every other week during the growing season (spring and summer).
- This plant is keen to grow large so will need reporting every year.
- It is perfectly normal for some of the leaves to turn brown and drop off so you shouldn’t be worried about this as long as it’s not dropping a great many at the same time. If this is happening, it might be due to improper air flow and a lack of humidity in the home which can be remedied by adding a humidifier near the plant or listing around it whilst avoiding directly misting the leaves.
- Height 30-40 cm
- Pot diameter: 12 cm